Home > DIY > Shoulder mount DIY mods

Shoulder mount DIY mods

This is my modification to my DIY shoulder mount. I took it with me to Joplin and used it. Though I thought it was right when I glued it the first time, it wasn’t quite there. I found that I was straining to look in the viewfinder and tilting the whole rig in order to do it. Also, I had two pieces, one of which, the handles, which were moving around on me. So I decided to glue it as a whole so that it would be completely sturdy. Harder to pack now, but worth it. The handles mod was easy to do because like I said, I wasn’t glued. I just extended it out a little, because it was too close. This might help with balance, if I put a zoom lens on as well. On the second mod, I was fortunate to have enough of a piece that if I cut right in the middle of it (with that handy pvc cutter) I could connect two elbow pieces to it. This mod did the trick. I was nervous before I did it, but it paid off. Now the camera is higher and over more. No more straining or tilting. Now it’s very comfortable and easy to use.  Just need to sand it and spray paint it now!

Advertisements
Categories: DIY
  1. No comments yet.
  1. September 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: